Monday, February 20, 2006

The Idle Race - The Birthday Party

Jeff Lynne is well known for his work with Roy Wood in the Move and the Electric Light Orchestra. Jeff did play in another band before he joined the Move; Idle Race.

Jeff's first record with Idle Race was "(Here We Go 'Round) The Lemon Tree" written by Roy Wood. The single doesn't hit the charts. Idle Race tries again and released "The Skeleton And The Roundabout", "End Of The Road" and "I Like My Toys". None of the singles sells but together with the flipsides they got half an album and so all of them can be found on "the birthday party" from 1968.

Tracks: Skeleton & The Roundabout / Happy Birthday/The Birthday / I Like My Toys / Morning Sunshine / Follow Me Follow / Sitting In My Tree / On With The Show / Lucky Man / Don't Put Your Boys In The Army, Mrs. Ward / Pie In The Sky / The Lady Who Said She Could Fly / End Of The Road


No comments: